Friday, May 19th

5:30 am : I work 7-4 on Fridays which means my alarm goes off at 6:10. But once again, I wake up 40 minutes before my alarm - ugh. Lie in bed daydreaming about our road trip. How am I ever going to get through work today.

6:10 am : Alarm goes off, jump out of bed and get dressed. I'm only excited to go to work this morning because in a few short hours, I will be on the road.

7:20 am : Sitting in the office solo... no one else comes in this early, but I love it. I'm blasting Chopin on the Sonos and no one can change it. Brought in a thick slice of sunflower seed bread from La Brea Bakery (it's life-changing) and toast that up for my morning breakfast. There are still bagels left over from yesterday but like nah dude... done with those.

11:30 am : Stomach growling so I had a handful of almonds from the snack cabinet at work. They do a good job stocking it with bars and nuts. I always take advantage. Super tired from waking up so early this morning. Thinking about lunch - all I have is oatmeal or Greek yogurt. Time to mull this over. I've got 1 hour.

12:30 pm : Settled on the Greek yogurt. Vanilla bean. From Trader Joe's. Super good - if you haven't tried it. Eating light so I can dig into my road trip snacks which are waiting for me in the car! I'm leaving in a half hour and now I'm finding it hard to focus on work. Help.

1:30 pm : We are on the road! It's time to head on into the desert and enjoy some very deserved R&R. Blasting music on my newly-made Spotify playlist. The traffic in LA is horrible right now. We are trying to get to the freeway and well, that's just not easy at the moment. With school getting it out, it being a Friday in general and the nice weather situation, it feels like the whole city is in their car on the road right now.

4:00 pm : We are stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic in f-ing Riverside. Is this a joke? I made dinner reservations at 6:45 thinking we'd have plenty of time to relax before dinner even. I mean, when does it take over 5 hours to get to Palm Springs?! #help

6:30 pm : Finally arrive at our hotel - it's super nice and desert-y. Rush inside the room, throw on our dinner clothes, get back in the car, type the restaurant address into Waze and hit the gas. 

7:00 pm : Arrive 15 minutes LATE to our reservation but they are accommodating. We sit outside and the weather is amazing - so hot even at this hour. We feast on chips and salsa, tacos, burritos, rice and beans. My husband and I were in a bit of a daze at this point since everything had been so hectic. But after our dessert of churros AND flan (we were feeling cray), we both loosened up and started really enjoying ourselves. 

8:00 pm : Finishing up our dinner while a Mariachi bland played/sang Bailando and Despacito... no joke. It was amazing. I awkwardly danced along in my chair as my husband made fun of me. I picked up the bill for dinner. With tip spent $80.

9:00 pm : Settle down in our super soft king-sized bed and whip out the iPad to start watching The Keepers on Netflix. Within 45 minutes, we are both asleep.

Total Spent Today: $80

Comments

Popular Posts