Saturday, May 20th

3:40 am : I'm awake, wtf. Try and go back to sleep.

7:00 am : Okay, now I'm really awake and can't go back to sleep so I pester my husband into waking up as well. We decide to go for a walk to the clubhouse/fitness center and do a little workout. I don't think to bring water (like an idiot) and by the time we reach the clubhouse, my throat is so dry I can't even swallow. It's 96 degrees out people. We manage to do a little elliptical/treadmill and then head back to get ready for breakfast.

9:00 am : We head out to El Paseo in Palm Desert which is a street with a bunch of shops and restaurants. We head to a french restaurant called Cafe Des Beaux-Arts for our breakfast and eat eggs Benedict and split some plain crepes. I also had the worst latte ever with espresso bits floating around. I pay again and spent $50.

10:00 am : I need a good coffee damn it. Coffee is my weekend treat and I must have some! We walk down El Paseo in search of a good, local coffeehouse. We finally spot a cute one in an alcove off the main street. We take a seat on the patio and order 2 vanilla lattes. Much better than our previous coffees. I thought it would be "cute" to sit outside on the patio but halfway through my drink my legs are literally dripping in sweat and sliding off the chair. Hot coffee in 98 degree heat might not have been optimal, but whatevs.

12:00 pm : It's pool time. We grab our reading material, water bottles and head to the "adult" pool which is free of kids yelling and splashing. We settled down in our chairs and realize they are playing a nice spa/meditation playlist...nice touch.

4:00 pm : We've had enough desert sun for the day so we head in, take nice, long showers and then continue to watch The Keepers on Netflix. #addicting

7:00 pm : Dinner reservations at this hilarious Palm Springs establishment called The Nest. It's a restaurant/club/bar/i don't even know and we sit outside on the patio to have our dinner. We are meeting another couple there and we all chat about this entertaining restaurant choice. We start off with some spinach artichoke dip, then steaks all around. We finish up with some desserts including panna cotta, dulce de leche ice cream and baklava... quite eclectic. The bill comes and I can see it is steep, but the men pay... how gentlemanly.

9:00 pm : We say goodbye to our friends and head back to the hotel for guess what... more of The Keepers! We make it through a few episodes this time and then it's light out.

Total Spent Today: $50.

Comments

Popular Posts